Support the congregation with your donation
Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7)
Thank you! May God bless these gifts and those who give them!
The main source of income for the church is voluntary donations, which are used to cover all the financial obligations of the church, for the needs of the congregation and for charity projects.
- Member freewill offerings (dues). Church member donations for the maintenance of the church, and the basic source of income of the church. Payment of annual fees is the responsibility of each member of the congregation. The Latvian Lutheran Church of Washington D.C. does not set a specific annual amount of dues, but expects each confirmed member, at his or her own discretion and invitation, to fulfill this obligation to the congregation.
- Designate donation. Donation for a specific purpose, a special fundraising campaign, or for one of the church funds.
- General donation. Payment to a congregation from a benefactor who is not a member of the congregation. If the payment is not specified for a specific purpose, it is added to the income for the maintenance of the church.
- Donate by mail. Donations may be done by check, written to "Latvian Lutheran Church" and sent to 400 Hurley Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850-3121.
- Donate by PayPal. A PayPal account is not needed to pay using the PayPal DONATE button. Donations can be made by credit or debit cards.
The donation categories are:
- (Optional) Use this donation for. Use this if you want to split your donation. Use the "Write a note" option on the next screen to provide details.
- Member freewill offering (dues). Use "Write a note" to ensure proper posting.
- Designated donation. Use "Write a note" to ensure proper posting.
- Latvian School
- Supporting Latvia
- Building Fund
- In Memorium. Use "Write a note" to ensure proper posting.
- Other. Use "Write a note" to ensure proper posting.
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Non-profit 501c3 status. Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church is a 501(c)3 corporation. Our tax ID is 52-0715248.